dinsdag 30 september 2008

Sermizelles 2005

As I was cleaning up some old picture-cds I came across one with a folder 'Sermizelles 2005'. I had this old, not very good camera, and I think its limitations are visible in some of the pictures below, but I still think there are some pretty good snapshots among them. A small selection...
First a map of France and Sermizelles located on it.

This was in the backyard of the mansion where we stayed the fortnight. It was this huge old townhallkind of a mansion, with acres and acres of garden... One of our friends was wheelchairbound, and she spent a lot of time in the garden.

A bit of our frontview and two of them cowboys waiting to jump into the car and drive somewhere frenchy...

Sunlight made the scenery an everchanging painting...

In some church we visited, although I can't remember where... a deer sniffing my lovely toes...

Is this France? Along the Loire on a daytrip, we visited the Pont Canal de Briare. This is a view of the Loire, seen from the pont.

We also visited the abbey of Fontenay. This picture of these two lovely ladies was taken in the cloister.

Another picture taken in the Abbey of Fontenay. I love this picture, everything about it ;-).

This one was taken on another roadtrip. In some small village we saw this pond, this pool, which was covered in the most verdant green.

A picture taken at the back of the Vézelay Abbey.

Aaah, sweet parting and all that jazz... the day we left and headed home.

Geen opmerkingen: