woensdag 10 september 2008

Joan Baez - Day After Tomorrow

It was 1993. I met my -now- ex-boyfriend, and he wanted me to hear this woman, in some way connected to Dylan (whom I quite dislike). I heard 'Sweet Sir Galahad'... Up until this day, this is one of my favourite songs by that woman. (Check it out in the musicplayer below).
That woman is ofcourse Joan Baez, sixtieslegend and still recording to this day. This week she released her newest cd, nr. 51!!!


It's a stunning album once again showcasing her humanitary involvement. No self-written songs here, but she's one hell of an interpreter.
Those who thought she was dead and buried, those of you who think she's still singing in that high voice, those of you who like honest singer-songwriting, perhaps it's time to (re)discover her.
Her official website
Her Myspace
The player below gives a very small view on her career (which started in 1959). 'God Is God' is from the new album.


Geen opmerkingen: