woensdag 10 december 2008

EurovisionYouTube

Last weekend Mr. S received 4 cd's full of Eurovision Songcontest songs. At first it seemed no treat, but then I started to listen with him while we drove to my parents. And one can only conclude a lot of songs are in our subconscious, and the only reason we can't sing them is because we don't speak the language. And, fair is fair, there are a lot of good songs among those winners and those who just didn't belong in such a contest. Last night I spend way too much time on You Tube watching those songs once again. I'll tell you a bit about my favourite songs on the cd's aswell as some who don't appear on the cd.

My favourite song ever competing in the contest was an Italian entry, I also think it's a very fine crafted song. This is 1984, the song ended fifth, and was sung by Alice and Franco Battiato. Ever since I heard it then it stayed with me, and I still love it very much to this day. Looking back at it on YouTube, it also made me laugh. It's obvious Franco is very unexperienced in standing on stage, while Alice knows how to behave in front of such a huge audience. Look out for the expression on his face when he appears behind her. Anyway, here's the clip...



Second in line, for me, is the 1991 entry for France. Amina ended second, after Carola for Sweden. They actually both had the same score (146), but Carola had been given the most 10 points (after they both had been given the same amount of twelve points). Enough talking; a sweet performance by Amina here

Another one of my favourites participated this year. Vânia Fernandes sang Senhora do mar, a song that ended 13th, but deserved better (my opinion).



Ofcourse there are other songs... but maybe sometime later...

Geen opmerkingen: