zaterdag 1 november 2008

The 71st annual bookfair of Flanders!

A few days ago we went to the opening of the annual bookfair, here in Flanders. The opening is usually about meeting lots of friends, strolling from one publisher to another, and for those who don't need to drive, a lot of drinking. I am the designated driver so I went for a walk along the different bookstands.
I bought exactly one book; a biography of Kirsty MacColl by Karen O'Brien.


And ever since I got acquainted with Mr. S I'm also acquainted with illustrations as an art on itself. Not that I didn't believe that before I met Mr. S, but nowadays I'm much more confrontated with the stuff. So, at the bookfair, I also bought two postcards, illustrated by An Candaele, a flemish illustrator I recently discovered and like very much.



Geen opmerkingen: